Welcome to our consultation pages
Within this section you can:
- find out what consultation is happening in the district
- take part in current consultations and surveys
- view feedback and reports from past consultations
- see what is coming up in the future
- contact us about any consultation issues you have.
Aylesbury Vale Times, AVDC's news magazine readership survey - March 2015
Our last readership survey was almost 18 months ago. We had some really positive responses and some constructive comments, for example, we're including more news from around the district, out of Aylesbury. Generally speaking, every item in the magazine has to be connected to our council services in some way and some also promote the local area.
We're striving to make this a magazine that's interesting to all residents, whilst including all the essential council news. With that in mind, we've introduced some new features in the last year or so, including Local Loves, Star Recycler and Your Council (features the changes we're making to manage Government budget cuts). We've also continued to include competitions which have proved popular.
Your views really do matter and your comments will help us plan future issues, so please let us know what you think of the current magazine, distributed to households from 2 March.
Once you've completed the questionnaire, why not enter our prize draw to win either a trip on the Eurostar or £100 worth of vouchers for Gourmet Burger Kitchen?
The questionnaire should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. Please respond by 12 noon Friday 10 April.
Aylesbury Visitor Information Centre 2014 - summary of findings Aylesbury Visitor Information Centre (VIC) is located just off the Market Square in Aylesbury. It provides a range of services including providing local information, UK-wide holiday destination information and bookings, souvenirs, local gifts and coach ticket bookings. A survey was undertaken in the summer months of 2014; it's aim to help improve the service to visitors and residents, improve the commerciality of the centre and determine the barriers for the service. Findings from the survey are being utilised in the review of the centre. Key findings were:
• The three most important features of a good VIC location included: Town centre (68%), highly visible (55%) and accessible (53%)
• The two most important services the VIC offers include: Information about visiting local attraction (58%) and buying tickets for local events (48%)
• When asked about the gifts, souvenirs and cards available at the VIC, approximately 55% of respondents stated that they weren’t aware that the VIC sold them
• 49% of respondents said that they find it difficult to source gifts locally
Recycling and waste household collection survey 2014 - consultation report below
Proposed licensing scheme for Houses in Multiple Occupation 2014 - findings helped design new licensing for HMO's Comments from landlords, tenants, neighbours living near an HMO or organisations interested in tenant welfare were welcomed and many have participated. Analysis is complete and new licensing has just been launched for HMO's.
Aylesbury Vale Community Safety Partnership 2014 - consultation report below.
Aylesbury Markets 2013 - survey report below.