You are here: Home > Benefits and council tax > Asylum and immigration

Can I get housing assistance?

To qualify for housing benefits, you must be eligible to live in the UK. That means one of the following must apply:

  • you're a UK national
  • you're a national of a country inside the European Economic Area (EEA)
  • you have written permission from the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) to live in the UK

More information

Immigration and Nationality Directorate
National Asylum Support Service

Contact information


01296 585197


Ask a Question