The new logo for the council tax bills
This section provides information on:
- how to claim a council tax reduction
- managing your council tax account online
- how to pay your council tax
- council tax bands and charges
- how your council tax is used
- how to claim help paying your council tax
Council tax is charged for all properties which are classed as being for domestic use. Business properties will be charged National Non-Domestic Rates (NNDR or business rates). More Information on business rates can be found on the business rates page.
If you're in receipt of a council tax discount and your circumstances change (eg your income increases, a child living at home turns 18), you must let us know immediately. If you don't, you could be committing council tax evasion.
Recommended external websites
*N.B External links are selected and reviewed when the current page is published. However, the AVDC is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Council Tax Charges