If you are holding an event you need to understand that you are legally responsible for the safety of anyone attending. The following pointers should help you in your event planning.
- Create a planning timetable including key dates
- Identify a team of people to help plan, organise and run the event, who can take responsibility for public safety
- Be clear about what you can achieve on your budget
- Carry out a risk assessment to ensure public safety
- Consider whether your event will cause disruption to traffic.
You can download an Event Safety Guide below for advice on planning an event.
Follow this link for advice from the Health and Safety Executive website, which has a number of guides and leaflets available in their Publication's section . Of particular interest may be the guide on managing crowds safely in the Free Leaflets section.
Date Updated: 02/06/10
File size / Download time
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available FREE of charge. You can download it directly from Adobe's website by clicking the link to the right. Once on Adobe's website, follow the instructions on screen to install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Event Safety Guide
56Kbps Modem: Less than 1 Minute
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute