Health - our role at AVDC
We want everyone living and working in Aylesbury Vale, of all ages, to have a healthy life.
Although the Health Service plays a vital role in treating illness, other everyday factors can determine how healthy we are, for example, employment, income, housing, diet , exercise and social networks.
Promoting the positive health and well-being of communities living in Vale is an important part of what we do and is embedded in the delivery of our key services, for example;
- Leisure and Community
- Employment and economic development
- Planning for future growth and development
- Community Safety
- Environmental health
- Parks and open spaces
- Community and Voluntary Sector Grants
How are we promoting health?
We are working in partnership with a wide range of agencies to deliver the healthy Communities Strategy (attached below). The strategy’s focus is on prevention of ill – health and the promotion of healthier lifestyles.
The three aims of the strategy are:
- All Buckinghamshire residents lead healthier, happier and longer lives
- Reduce health inequalities between different geographical areas and groups of people within Buckinghamshire
- Create an environment that supports the health and well – being of the population
File size / Download time
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available FREE of charge. You can download it directly from Adobe's website by clicking the link to the right. Once on Adobe's website, follow the instructions on screen to install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Health & Wellbeing Strategy
56Kbps Modem: Less than 1 Minute
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute