Community Governance Review
We started a Community Governance Review under the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act, 2007 in November 2009.
The purpose of the review was to enable us to consider what changes were needed to the parish arrangements within the district.
Two district wide reviews have been undertaken in recent years with the proposals being implemented in 2001 and 2007. A further review is now needed to deal with three specific issues:
- parish arrangements for the Buckingham Park/Weedon Hill development
- Fleet Marston parish, as the parish meeting is inactive
- any requests to change the number of councillors on town and parish councils, ready for the 2011 elections
The Council's General Purposes Committee met on 23 February, 2010 to consider the draft recommendations arising from the consultation. The Committee met again on 27 September to consider the Final Recommendations that Council would be asked to approve. On 13 October Council met and resolved the following:
- That a new Parish be created for the Buckingham Park/Weedon Hill housing development (as shown on the map attached to the Council report), to be known as “Buckingham Park”.
- That the membership of the new Parish be set at 8.
- That the proposed budget/precept for the new Parish be approved as set out in Appendix 4 of the report submitted.
- That no action be taken at present concerning the abolition of the Parish of Fleet Marston.
- That the membership of Winslow Town Council be increased from 11 to 12.
- That the membership of Charndon Parish Council be decreased from 7 to 5.
- That the number of Councillors representing Aylesbury Town Council Central Ward be increased from one to two.
- That the Head of Legal and Estates be authorised make a reorganisation order under the Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act, 2007, to implement the changes proposed as a result of the review.
- That the Head of Administration be authorised to take any further action that might be necessary to complete the review and implement the new arrangements.
Relevant documents relating to the review can be viewed by following the links below.
Date Updated: 25/10/10
Recommended external websites
*N.B External links are selected and reviewed when the current page is published. However, the AVDC is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Council Agenda meeting of 13 October 2010