Have you received any court paperwork?
If you have received any court paperwork or official papers from bailiffs, don’t delay, make sure you are aware of the deadlines, take advice and respond.
- Possession Claim – this could result in being evicted, take immediate advice.
- Eviction warrant - if you do not respond, you will be evicted, take immediate advice.
- County Court Claim – act quickly, if you do not respond in 14 days, a judgement could be made against you.
- Charging Order – this could result in losing your home.
- Statutory Demand – this could lead to bankruptcy and possibly losing your home and additional costs.
- Bailiff notices – you do not have to let a bailiff into your home, take immediate advice.
- Visit www.bailiffadviceonline.co.uk for further information.
- Attachment of Earnings order – this is an order to take money direct from your wages.
If you receive any of the above call the Housing Debt Advice team on 01296 585168 for immediate advice
Date Updated: 02/03/12
Recommended external websites
*N.B External links are selected and reviewed when the current page is published. However, the AVDC is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Bailiff Advice Online