Aylesbury Vale Landlord Accreditation Scheme (AVLAS) will:
- Promote good physical condition of properties and good management practices
- Create and maintain a stock of private rented accommodation to a standard which exceeds the minimum legal requirements
- Give public recognition to those landlords who provide good quality housing
- Increase the opportunities for prospective tenants of renting a good standard of accommodation
- Help advertise and publicise good quality accommodation to tenants
- Improve the communication between AVDC and local landlords and landlords and their tenants
Benefits for tenants:
There are many benefits for tenants. AVLAS will guarantee good quality rented accommodation. It will also improve relations between tenants and landlords and help solve problems if any occur. The scheme promotes good management practices which often greatly improve a tenant’s stay in a property. As more properties become accredited it will be easier for tenants to identify bad and irresponsible landlords.
Benefits for landlords:
- Sets you apart from other landlords and properties – market advantage
- Provides better environment for tenants
- Improved communication and practices mean resolving any issues is easier
- Improved access to local authority officers, local authority schemes (such as the AVDC Private Rent Scheme) and local authority resources
- Allows you to stay one step ahead of your competitors and two steps ahead of legal regulations: therefore attracting better tenants and rents
Benefits for landlords provided by AVDC:
- Priority response and ‘Hotline’ email to Housing Benefits and Environmental Health
- Bi annual Accredited Landlords newsletter
- Publicity created by AVDC for the AVLAS scheme
- Improved access to AVDC schemes and internal AVDC recognition
- After a trial period of a year, access to various other AVDC schemes such as the Private Rent Scheme, will require landlords to be signed up to AVLAS
- Exclusive AVLAS discounts with local partner companies.
AVLAS Property and Management Standards:
To accredit your property under AVLAS both you and the property itself have to meet a minimum standard which has been set above the legal minimum.
The management standards should be easy to adhere to and the property standards have been carefully set to be achievable. It is expected that many properties will meet them with no extra effort. These standards have been set after careful consultation with local landlords, the government and other councils who run similar schemes.
For a copy of the property and management standards and scheme guidelines download the documents below.
For more information or an AVLAS application pack please contact the Environmental Health and Licensing Team using the details below.
Date Updated: 27/05/10
File size / Download time
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available FREE of charge. You can download it directly from Adobe's website by clicking the link to the right. Once on Adobe's website, follow the instructions on screen to install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
AVLAS Scheme Guidelines
56Kbps Modem: 1 Minute 56 Seconds
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute
AVLAS Scheme Standards
56Kbps Modem: Less than 1 Minute
Broadband : Less than 1 Minute