NLIS - National Land Information Service - Electronic Search Submission
The National Land & Property Information Service (NLIS) is a leader in the provision of electronic local authority property searches across England and Wales via a number of channels.
NLIS is managed by Land Data, a community interest company committed to making property search information increasingly accessible to the general public.
To date NLIS has processed over 18 million searches for UK homebuyers and sellers, and continues to help to streamline the homebuying process.
By using NLIS to purchase search information electronically, at the touch of a button, the conveyancing process can be quickened, reducing the time you have to wait between deciding to sell and being able to market your property.
Besides purchasing a local land charges search through NLIS a range of other searches can be obtained to assist the home selling/buying process. These include:
- Land Registry (a whole range of searches are available)
- Water utilities (drainage and water CON29DW)
- Coal Authority (mining)
- Environment Agency (flooding)
- Forestry Commission
- Highways Agency (road building and maintenance)
- Electricity (national grid)
- Gas (pipelines)
- Telecommunications (cabling)
- London Transport (London Underground and Docklands Light Railway)
- Civil Aviation Authority (airports)
- British Waterways (canals)
- Ordnance Survey (maps and plans)
- Speciality searches (radon, clay, tin mining, limestone, gypsum, Cheshire Brine, Cornish Tin, Chancel Repairs)
Currently there are two NLIS channels which connects directly to the NLIS Hub. A further channel; GlobalX will be available soon. A channel provides electronic access to land and property information and acts as a route to market for the many products from the various data providers. If you are interested in obtaining a search through the National Land Information Service, you should contact the licensed NLIS channels using the links below.
Date Updated: 02/02/12
Local Land Charges Office
The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP19 8FF
(DX 4130 Aylesbury 1)