Candidates announced for district council by-elections
Archived press release
Date Published: 21/01/10
The by-elections will be held on 11 February
Voters will be going to the polls next month to fill two vacant seats on Aylesbury Vale District Council.
By-elections will be held on 11 February to elect new representatives to the Aylesbury Central and Luffield Abbey wards.
Four candidates have been put forward for the Aylesbury Central vacancy, caused by the recent resignation of former councillor Keith Turner.
The full list of candidates for Aylesbury Central is as follows:
• Brian Adams of Whitehead Way, Aylesbury (UK Independence Party)
• Michael Beall of Hillary Close, Aylesbury (Labour)
• Graham Webster of Hawthorn Close, Aylesbury (Liberal Democrat)
• Mark Winn of Wendover Road, Aylesbury (Conservative)
Polling will take place at Walton Parish Hall, Walton Street, and the Methodist Church Hall, Buckingham Street, between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
Four candidates are in the running for the Luffield Abbey seat. The position was left vacant after the recent resignation of former councillor Stefan Balbuza.
The following nominations for the Luffield Abbey ward have been received:
• Mark Benson of Main Street, Maids Moreton (Independent)
• Pearl Lewis of Buckingham Road, Akeley (Conservative)
• Ian Metherell of Forge Close, Marsh Gibbon (Liberal Democrat)
• John Russell of Highlands Road, Buckingham (UK Independence Party)
Polling stations at the village halls in Akeley, Beachampton, Leckhampstead, Maids Moreton, Dadford and Thornborough and the church hall in Lillingstone Lovell will be open to voters in the Luffield Abbey ward from 7am to 10pm.
Electors who are unable to attend a polling station can apply to vote by post, or appoint someone they know to vote for them as a proxy. Applications for postal votes must be received by 5pm on 27 January and for proxy votes by 5pm on 3 February.
For further information about the by-elections, or obtaining postal or proxy votes, click on the link below or call 01296 585807.