Summer holiday activities keep boredom at bay
Archived press release
Date Published: 19/07/10
Parents looking for fun and stimulating activities for their children over the summer are to be given a helping hand thanks to a new holiday activities programme from Aylesbury Vale District Council.
The summer holidays can often be a difficult period for parents trying to find activities for their children, it can also create difficulties for parents needing to work.
AVDC has produced a 48 page brochure of summer activities and play schemes guaranteed to keep children and young people entertained.
The summer activities booklet features dozens of activities throughout the Vale. Many activities are free of charge including park events, a variety of outdoor play opportunities, fun days and much more.
Here’s a small selection of what’s on offer:
• Giant games, bouncy castles and crafts are on the menu in the Vale’s villages. Three teams of Play around the Parishes playworkers will visit 42 rural villages during the six-week school holidays. These activities are free but parents must stay and play with their children
• TUFFS stands for turn up for free sports, taking place in the Vale’s villages. Free Fun Fridays (sport and arts) take place in the towns
• For drama lovers there’s A Play in a Day – a chance to put together a play and perform it at the end of the day
• Celebrate National Play Day on Wednesday 4 August, 11am to 3pm, at Vale Park in Aylesbury. This year’s entertainments include a climbing wall, circus skills workshops, sports and large games
• The mobile skatepark will also visit many of the villages around the Vale
For full details, pick up a copy of the ‘Do-it’ brochure from council offices and libraries or visit www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/doit where you can book and pay online too. Alternatively, call 01296 585210.