Plan for a British summer in Aylesbury Vale
Archived press release
Date Published: 18/06/12
With the summer holidays fast approaching, Aylesbury Vale District Council has published a brochure compiling a programme of activities on offer during the break.
The ‘Do-it’ booklet provides a showcase for some of the great events and attractions offered by local organisations across Aylesbury Vale this summer. It also highlights the opportunities for children, young people and families to enjoy sports, arts and play activities taking place from June through to September.
• Over 24 bookable activities, from tennis camps to children’s cooking classes, Glee Academy to angling sessions.
• Arts and crafts at the Queens Park Arts Centre and drop-in activities at the Buckinghamshire County Museum and Roald Dahl Children’s Gallery.
• Musical theatre and dance workshops.
• Summer playschemes based on a range of themes from ‘carnival’ to ‘Ready, Steady, Cook’ and the well-known Play around the Parishes scheme across Aylesbury Vale.
• A fantastic summer of music with Global Street Beats and Summer Sundays every weekend in Aylesbury town centre from 28 July to 26 August.
• The Roald Dahl Festival and Roald Dahl Games, Proms in the Park, Quarrendon Family Fun Days, Buckingham Fringe Week and MAD about Waddesdon.
All activities for children are fully supervised by trained staff.
The booklet can be viewed online at www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/doit or picked up from libraries, tourist information centres and leisure centres across the Vale. You can also book AVDC activities online or by calling 01296 585301.