Don't let thieves spoil your Jubilee weekend
Archived press release
Date Published: 30/05/12
HM Queen Elizabeth in Aylesbury, 2002
Although Aylesbury Vale is a low crime area, The Community Safety Partnership would like to remind residents of Aylesbury Vale to secure their homes this jubilee weekend to reduce the opportunity for thieves to operate in the area.
You can help us beat the burglars by following some basis home security tips:
- Lock windows and doors when you are away from the property. This includes when you are in the garden. It only takes a minute for thieves to enter your home.
- Make sure your doors are double locked. This is especially important with UPVC doors.
- Don’t tempt thieves to window shop. Move valuables away from view and store car keys safely away from windows and doors. Keys can easily be hooked through a letter box or open window.
- Don’t leave garden tools and ladders within easy reach of thieves. Tools and ladders can make accessing your property quicker and easier.
- Property mark all valuables with a UV pen, marking your house number and postcode. You can also register valuables on the national property database www.immobilise.com
- If you have a burglar alarm, make sure it is set.
- Look out for your neighbour. If you see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, report it by calling 101. You may be the only person who has witnessed it. If you believe a burglary is in progress call 999 immediately.