Archived press release
Date Published: 01/11/12
Stay safe this Firework Night.
Using fireworks for bonfire night, New Year's eve or a celebration can make a memorable celebration. But it can lead to disaster and serious consequences if firework safety is not followed.
Please follow the firework code for top tips of how to keep yourself and your family safe this bonfire night:
- Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114.
- Don’t drink alcohol if responsible for setting off fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each set of fireworks.
- Light fireworks at arms length, using a taper.
- Stand well away from lit fireworks and never approach them once lit. Even if one hasn’t gone off it might still explode.
- Never put fireworks in your pocket or throw them.
- Always supervise children when fireworks/sparklers are being let off.
- Make sure gloves are worn with sparklers.
- Don’t give sparklers to children under 5 years.
- Keep pets indoors.
- Don’t set noisy fireworks off late at night. Never set off fireworks after 11pm.
Have fun and stay safe!
Recommended external websites
*N.B External links are selected and reviewed when the current page is published. However, the AVDC is not responsible for the content of external websites.
Bucks Fire & Rescue Service