You (and your partner, if applicable) must:
- be unemployed or on a low income
- be liable for Council Tax payable to Aylesbury Vale District Council
- have less than £6,000 in savings (£16,000 if you’re a pensioner)
Extra consideration is given to applicants who are:
- working over 16 hours a week
- in households with children under 5
How much will council tax be reduced by?
We consider each case according to our council tax reduction scheme. We also consider individual cases of hardship on their own merits.
Pensioners (taxpayers who meet the qualifying conditions for Pension Credit) will have their support calculated in accordance with a scheme designed nationally.
How do I apply for the scheme?
Apply using the form below.
You must continue to pay your council tax as normal whilst your application is being considered.
Can I appeal against your decision?
You can ask us to review our decision and, in some circumstances, you may be able to appeal to the Valuation Tribunal.