Click here to view the interim document showing progress against the actions listed in the last Aylesbury Town Centre Plan.
Improvements in 2015 and 2016
Work is underway on a number of the action plans included in the Aylesbury Town Centre Plan, including:
- Waterside South - University Campus Aylesbury Vale and new public space complete in Autumn 2015, with the campus opening to students in early 2016
- Waterside North – a new temporary surface short-stay car park opened in Autumn 2015 and the development partner for a new space for restaurants, apartments and public square has been selected
- Market Square – improvements to the markets and parking on the Square stopped
- Vale Park and the Grand Union Canal – a new skate park in Vale Park, opened summer 2015, the new marina at Circus Fields and improvement work to the town centre canal basin are complete
- Work across the town centre – including a signage strategy, establishment of a Culture & Arts Forum, establishment of the Marketing Aylesbury Group and work to support businesses