Click here to view the interim document showing progress against the actions listed in the last Aylesbury Town Centre Plan.
Improvements in 2018
Work is underway on a number of the action plans included in the Aylesbury Town Centre Plan, including:
- The Exchange – an exciting new development on part of the Exchange Street car park, including a brand new public square, four restaurants and 47 apartments – opening early 2019
- 2018 saw new events attracting visitors from far and wide, with Waterside Festival make great use of public space around the canal basin and UCAV, and a popular Gin & Jazz evening at the Bucks County Museum
- A £4.6 million investment has been approved by the council for improvements to two key public spaces – Kingsbury and Market Square, with stakeholder engagement due to start in spring 2019
- A signage strategy is nearing completion, with fingerposts installed in November 2018 and 7 wayfinding monoliths due to be installed early 2019
- A car parking strategy was approved by council in October 2018 including an initial investment of £400,000 towards improving payment options