Becoming a market trader is a low cost, low risk way to turn your business dream into a reality.
- start small and grow – being a market trader is a great way into retail for any budding entrepreneur
- flexibility – you can be your own boss, choosing when and where to work
- low risk – you can take your product or service straight to your customers without committing to a long-term property lease
- low cost – lower and fewer overheads than permanent premises
AVDC is committed to investing in, developing, and promoting the markets in our district. If you’re thinking about promoting your business, there are loads of great reasons to come to the Vale.
Incentives for market traders
- reduced rent for the 1st month while you build up your business
- regular event days to encourage footfall and entertain customers – Aylesbury was proud to win a national award for its involvement in the Love Your Local Market initiative
- a fully-engaged town centre management team that works closely with traders to make sure everyone’s getting the most out of the markets
About Aylesbury market
- the market is in the heart of the town, flanked by 2 large shopping centres, meaning high footfall
- general market is held every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday throughout the year
- parking nearby and free loading bays – convenient for your customers needing to collect heavy goods
- 238,000 residents live within a 20 minute drive radius
- 75% of the catchment are mid-upper profile
- footfall in Aylesbury has been boosted by the recent openings of leading high street brands, including Topshop, H&M, Waitrose, Travelodge, Nandos and Wagamama
Want to discuss becoming a market trader with our markets team?
Email us or phone us 01296 585880
When you are ready to apply for a stall
Download our welcome pack, which includes an application form, information about prices, and our incentive scheme. Email the application form back to us
Before your first day on the market read our helpful market traders checklist