We provide a chargeable service for the collection of bulky waste items which are too large for your regular household waste and recycling collections.
We’ll also collect any bagged small electrical items or textiles for free at the same time that we collect the bulky item. No limit applies.
The deadline to amend or add any items to your bulky waste collection is 12pm on the working day before your Wednesday collection.
Items that will be collected for a charge:
- Bed bases and mattresses
- Televisions and computer monitors
- White goods (washing machines, dishwashers, fridges, freezers, cookers, microwaves etc.)
- Furniture (sofas, chairs, tables, footstools, dressing tables, wardrobes, drawers etc.)
- Radiators and storage heaters
Items that we will not collect
- ceramic or plastic bathroom suites or shower cubicles
- boilers or water tanks
- building waste (e.g. plasterboard, rubble, ceramic tiles, asbestos etc.)
- carpet, linoleum or laminate flooring
- doors or windows
- garden waste
- kitchen units
- plate glass
- sheds or fence panels
- car tyres
Bulky waste collection charges
- £45 for up to 3 items
- £90 for 4-6 items
- £135 for 7-9 items
Booking a bulky waste collection
Collections take place every Wednesday, and will start from 6.00 am.
To Book a collection,log on or register through My Account using the button below.
Please note: Due to disposal restrictions we are unable to collect Bulky Waste from commercial properties. For further information on Commercial Collections please see our commercial waste pages.
To ensure collection
- Please ensure items are safely and neatly presented at the edge of the property (where your bins would normally be collected) before 6:00 am on the day of collection.
- Items should not be put out before 7pm on the night before your collection.
- When presenting items, please ensure these do not obstruct pedestrians.
- The collection crew will only take the items listed when the booking was made.
- Please note that collection staff will not enter homes, sheds, garages and outbuildings.
Cancelling or changing your collection
To cancel your bulky waste collection contact us . You'll need the reference number provided when you were making your booking.
*We can only give refunds if your bulky waste collection is cancelled five working days in advance.
To change the date or collection details contact us by 12:00pm on the working day before your collection.
Missed bulky waste collections
If the items haven’t been collected by the end of the day that your collection is scheduled, report this by calling us on 01296 585858
You need to report a missed collection the next working day. We can book you in for the next available collection.
If you don't report a missed collection the next working day, you may not be able to get a refund and we may not be able to rebook the collection without an extra charge.
*We only collect the items that have been specified on your booking.