Aylesbury Town Centre Partnership
What is the Aylesbury Town Centre Partnership?
The aim of the Town Centre Partnership is:
“to make Aylesbury town centre a pleasant and safe place for people to live, work and visit”
The partnership brings together local government, businesses, residents and organisations to:
- improve safety
- support businesses
- attract new investment
- increase footfall
It represents over 100 businesses and organisations in Aylesbury.
How do I join?
A small annual membership fee (starting at £30 for small businesses and organisations) is payable. The fee is invested directly back into the town through a range of projects delivered by the partnership.
The fee covers:
- Weekly updates for food and beverage operators providing information about events in the town, including activity levels at the theatre i.e. occupancy, type of shows, typical demographic of each show so that staffing levels can be planned.
- Monthly updates about town centre issues i.e. footfall, planning applications, shop changes, transport updates, road closures and key issues in the town
- Quarterly meeting invitations –this gives you an opportunity to network with other town centre businesses, hear about projects and events in the town including the big projects i.e. key development sites. This is a chance for you to discuss any concerns you have about the town.
- AVDC press releases affecting town centre issues
- Special offers from Waterside theatre
- The opportunity to get involved in events in the town
Email Aylesbury Town Centre Manager or call 01296 585880 for more information.
What projects has the partnership delivered?
- Free events programme – including every Thursday of school holidays, every Sunday in the summer and many weekends throughout the year.
- Santa’s Parade and Christmas light switch on events – attracting over 9000 on both days
- Co-ordination of over 450 free events in the town and the production of visitor guides
- Achieving Purple Flag status for the third year running
- Support to new and existing businesses
- Retail Lift Off project was launched which attracts and sustains new independent businesses Pedestrianisation of the upper High Street
- Grot spot cleansing
- Market development
- Design and erect window wraps on empty units
- Introduction of a street management agreement to actively manage street collectors
What events has the partnership got planned?
Download our guide to activities in Aylesbury town centre.