Aylesbury Town Centre Partnership
Anyone who lives, works, trades, shops or provides services in Aylesbury town centre has a stake in its future. Central to this is the role of the Aylesbury Town Centre Partnership. Since its formation the Town Centre Partnership has brought together local government, businesses, residents and local organisations. The result has been a programme of initiatives which have helped to transform the area, improve safety, support businesses, attract new investment and new retailers and increase footfall.
The Partnership provides the opportunity to work together, to explore cross-promotional initiatives, develop business performance and a platform to raise issues, ideas and concerns that are pivotal to the success and development of the town.
Annual membership for a small business/organisation starts from only £30 and includes:
- Weekly updates for food and beverage operators providing information about events in the town, including activity levels at the theatre i.e. occupancy, type of shows, typical demographic of each show so that staffing levels can be planned.
- Monthly updates about town centre issues i.e. footfall, planning applications, shop changes, transport updates, road closures and key issues in the town
- Quarterly meeting invitations –this gives you an opportunity to network with other town centre businesses, hear about projects and events in the town including the big projects i.e. key development sites. This is a chance for you to discuss any concerns you have about the town.
- AVDC press releases affecting town centre issues
- Special offers from Waterside theatre
- The opportunity to get involved in events in the town
The membership fee is invested directly back in to the town through the range of projects delivered by the Partnership - the Partnership is non-profit. A small overview of recent projects include:
- Free events programme – including every Thursday of school holidays, every Sunday in the summer and many weekends throughout the year.
- Santa’s Parade and Christmas light switch on events – attracting over 9000 on both days
- Co-ordination of over 450 free events in the town and the production of visitor guides
- Achieving Purple Flag status for the third year running
- Support to new and existing businesses
- Retail Lift Off project was launched which attracts and sustains new independent businesses
- Pedestrianisation of the upper High Street
- Grot spot cleansing
- Market development
- Design and erect window wraps on empty units
- Introduction of a street management agreement to actively manage street collectors.
The Partnership has representation from over 100 businesses and organisations in the town including retailers, transport providers, letting agents, landlords, educational establishments, resident groups and small business. It is a diverse powerful group that makes its presence felt and heard in the town to influence and make change happen.
For more information about the Partnership please contact Diana Fawcett the Aylesbury Town Centre Manager on 01296 585880 or email@example.com
File size / Download time
Adobe Acrobat Reader is available FREE of charge. You can download it directly from Adobe's website by clicking the link to the right. Once on Adobe's website, follow the instructions on screen to install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Aylesbury Live Guide Summer 2015
56Kbps Modem: 39 Minutes
Broadband : 4 Minutes 19 Seconds