The focus of the grant scheme is firstly to support local arts organisations’ use of the theatres’ main auditorium and secondly to develop future audiences at the Aylesbury Waterside Theatre. A Community Use Grant of up to £2,300 + VAT may be available to eligible organisations and events.
- Voluntary-run, not for profit amateur arts organisations, including drama, musical theatre, dance and music groups that have a large membership from within Aylesbury Vale.
- Other voluntary-run not for profit community and youth organisations wishing to hold a show or performance involving music, dance and other artistic performance that have a large membership or audience from within Aylesbury Vale.
- Up to 50% grant (i.e. up to £1,150 + VAT ) for non-commercial activities being undertaken by local businesses, educational organisations and individuals providing services to the community which are predominately based within the district (i.e. events, meetings, awards, receptions, conferences and celebrations not necessarily involving performance).
- Priority will be given to applicants that are based within Aylesbury Vale and the proposed event must be designed to predominantly attract participants and/or audiences from Aylesbury Vale/Buckinghamshire rather than wider afield.
- Only one grant per event will be considered (some events are held over several days) and only one grant will be payable per organisation per year.
- Charitable events seeking to make a profit/surplus for a recognised charity will be eligible for consideration to receive a grant subject to evidence that any surpluses will be used predominantly within Aylesbury Vale.
- Weddings, wakes and personal celebrations are not eligible to receive a grant.
- Grant requests from local authorities will not be eligible for a grant.
- Grant recipients must include a prominent acknowledgement of having received a grant from Buckinghamshire Council in support of their event on all publicity material and must have the prior consent and approval of the council of all wording relating to the grant and event.
- Buckinghamshire Council reserves the right to amend, suspend or terminate the grant scheme at any time without notice.
Please contact the Event Manager at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre on 01296 745130,or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.