Buckinghamshire Council formally adopted its Contaminated Land Strategy in August 2001.
What does the Contaminated Land Strategy Cover?
All councils have to draw up a contaminated land strategy so that we can;
- Inspect the areas to identify any contaminated land
- Assess whether “significant harm” or pollution of controlled waters had been, or is being caused
- Establish responsibilities for remediation of the land and ensure that it takes place
- Collate records of contaminated land and remedial action that has already been taken
- Keep a public register detailing the regulatory action taken under the legislation