Creating parking in front gardens

Changing your front garden into a parking area

If you need to create a dropped kerb, you will also need consent from the highways authority , Buckinghamshire Council.

You may find you might require planning permission for new or replacement driveways or hard standings.

If you would like to find out if you need planning permission, we can do this for you by completing a form. Please note, there is a £78.00 fee for this service.

Regardless of the need for planning permission, you will require a licence from Buckinghamshire Council if your driveway involves creating a new access to a public highway or across a public footpath, such as creating dropped kerb.

Other guidance on government websites:

Patios and drives
Guidance on the permeable surfacing of front gardens