Dangerous wild animals licences

You need a licence to keep any dangerous wild animals.

See the full list of dangerous wild animals.

A vet must inspect the premises where any animal will be kept to ensure the conditions are suitable.

A licence will only be granted when we are satisfied that you are a suitable person, the animal’s accommodation is adequate and secure and there are no public safety issues.

How do I apply for a licence?

To apply, download our application form and guidance notes.

The licence is valid for a maximum 2 years and must be renewed on 1 January every other year.

What happens if I don’t have a licence?

The animal could be confiscated and you could be prosecuted.

For more information please complete our online contact form.