- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Ask for your information to be deleted or destroyed where there is no good reason to continue using it and provided that there are no proper or legal grounds for retaining it.
These sorts of requests can be made bycompleting our online form
So we can be satisfied that you are entitled to receive the personal information you have requested, we will require a copy of two forms of identification. One should relate to you personally, for example a copy of a passport or photo driving licence; the other should be a recent document showing your address, for example a utility bill. These documents can be uploaded in the online form.
We also need to know how you would like any information that is found transmitted. The options are:
- We will send the documents in hard copy by Special Delivery.
- We will send them by e-mail (if the number and size of files is not excessive).
- We will send them on a CD by Special Delivery.
We keep a record of requests made, and the responses given, for two years after the date of last contact with the requestor, after which time the request is destroyed.
The GDPR is enforced by the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Further information can be found at their website www.ico.org.uk
For Data Protection request enquiries telephone 01296 585771.
Other rights that you have
The law gives you other rights with regard to your information. These are:
- You can ask that any incorrect or incomplete information about you is corrected. Where this cannot be done because we need to keep a record of why we made a decision or for some other reason, we will make sure we keep the new details you have provided and use them in the future.
- You can ask us to limit the use of your information (if this is possible, this may affect service delivery to you).
- You can have your data transferred or copied to another provider in certain circumstances. If is likely that this will not apply to most of the information we hold about you but if we cannot do it, we will tell you why.
- You can ask not to be subject to automated decision making (decision made by a computer) and profiling (automated evaluation of your information to guess things about you).
Should you wish to contact us about these rights, please use the online form.
For Complaints about the way in which your personal information has been handled
You have the right to complain to us if you think we have not complied with our legal obligations for handling your personal information. Please email your complaint to Records