- notify Building Control before any building or part of a building is taken down or demolished (fees apply)
- make sure that the demolition work complies with requirements
- check as you may need other permissions e.g. planning (prior notification), listed buildings, conservation area
Notice of intended demolition
This form will be sent to AVDC Building Control who will accept service for and on behalf of the council.
You must notify the gas and electricity boards. A charge of £175.00 is required to administer this notice.
Click below to fill in the form
- Consent for demolition in a conservation area application form and notes
- Listed building consent application form and notes
- Planning prior notification of a demolition application form and notes
Protected species and demolition
Speak to our green spaces team at an early stage to make sure that your plans won't affect any protected species.
Further information is available on our webpage biodiversity and the planning process.