Demolition of buildings

If you want to demolish a building, you must;

  • notify Building Control before any building or part of a building is taken down or demolished (fees apply)
  • make sure that the demolition work complies with requirements
  • check as you may need other permissions e.g. planning (prior notification), listed buildings, conservation area

Notice of intended demolition

This form will be sent to Buckinghamshire Council Building Control who will accept service for and on behalf of the council.

You must notify the gas and electricity boards.

Click below to fill in the form:

Notice of intended demolition

 Complete an online Planning application.

Protected species and demolition

Speak to our green spaces team at an early stage to make sure that your plans won't affect any protected species.

Further information is available on our webpage biodiversity and the planning process.