As such we make considerable effort to provide suitable parking facilities for disabled drivers and blue badge holders. Most of our car parks have reserved bays and are free to badge holders. Similarly, special on-street parking concessions apply.
Remember that you will be liable to a Penalty Charge Notice if you fail to honour the general traffic regulations and/or any special restrictions that may apply in the area where you park.
Where to park
Your disabled badge must be displayed clearly when you take advantage of the special parking facilities and concessions within Aylesbury Vale.
Badge holders may park free of charge and without time limit in certain situations:
- On streets with parking meters.
- On streets with pay and display parking facilities.
- Off street in Council car parks (except Hale Street and Walton Street)
The above apply unless a local traffic order, such as a ban on loading / unloading, is in force and specifies time limits for badge holders.
On-street – Badge holders may usually park on single or double yellow lines for up to three hours except where there is a ban on loading and unloading this exemption does not apply in off-street car parks.
Where not to park
You must not park:
- During the times when a loading / unloading ban is in force (the times are usually displayed on post mounted plates and the area indicated by one or two yellow lines on the kerb).
- Where there are double white lines in the centre of the road (even if one of the lines is broken).
- In a bus lane during its hours of operation.
- In a cycle lane.
- On a clearway.
- On a pedestrian crossing, including zebra, pelican, toucan and puffin crossings.
- On the zig-zag markings before and after a pedestrian crossing.
- In parking spaces reserved for specified users (such as permit holders).
- In a suspended bay.
- Where temporary restrictions are in force (often indicated by no-waiting cones).
- On school ‘keep clear’ markings during the hours shown on a yellow no stopping plate.
How to display your badge
It is essential that your disabled badge is displayed clearly when you take advantage of the special parking facilities and concessions within Aylesbury Vale.
- Display the badge on top of the dashboard or fascia panel of your vehicle so that the front of the badge (the side showing the wheelchair symbol and expiry date) is clearly visible from outside your vehicle.
- If your vehicle does not have a dashboard or fascia panel, the badge must be displayed in such a position that it is clearly visible from outside your vehicle.
- When you park on yellow lines or in a badge holder reserved parking space with time limits you must display your badge and set the disc to show your time of arrival.
Parking in Aylesbury Vale car parks
Parking in our car parks is free for a Blue Badge holder and without time limit with the exception of Hale Street and Walton Street car parks where no exemption is offered for a blue badge holder. We recommend that you always read the tariff board when parking in a car park to ensure that an exemption exists and to check any closing times or other parking regulations within the car park.
If no designated disabled parking bays are available you can park in an ordinary parking bay free of change and without time limit (subject to closing times), but you must clearly display your badge.
Additional information for disabled drivers
If you think you may be entitled to a disabled driver badge or would like more information, you should visit our webpages or call 01296 395000.