This grant is only available to applicants who are eligible for a disabled facilities grant. Where the cost of the adaptation works exceeds the maximum DFG funding amount of £30,000 this grant can provide up to a further £20,000 towards the cost of the works.
Am I eligible for this grant?
- You can not apply for this grant if the Council has previously given you a Relocation Grant
- Applicants must be in receipt of a means tested benefit. This also applies if you are a parent applying on behalf of a child.
- If you are a tenant in a Registered Provider property then you are not eligible for this grant
- A cost benefits analysis of the options available including moving to a more suitable property must be carried out before a grant will be approved
- A local land charge will be placed on the property equivalent to the assistance level provided. This must be repaid in full if the property is sold within 10 years of the Grant being provided.
- Payment of the discretionary top-up will be made when the works been completed and signed off by a Building Control Officer and evidence of this has been provided to the Council.
How do I apply?
As this grant is only available if you are eligible for a disabled facilities grant your Staying Put Officer will discuss this grant with you during their assessment of the adaptation works required to your property where those works exceed £30,000.
Read more information on private sector housing regeneration policy.