This grant is only available to applicants who are eligible for a disabled facilities grant. It can be used for
- Simple adaptations where the cost of the work is up to £10,000
- Relocation to a more suitable property where an existing property cannot be adapted (maximum grant £20,000)
- Topping up a mandatory disabled facilities grant when the cost of the adaptations required exceeds the maximum grant limit (maximum grant £20,000)
Am I eligible for this grant?
- Applicants must be in receipt of a means tested benefit. This also applies if you are a parent applying on behalf of a disabled child
- A local land charge may be placed on the property equivalent to the assistance level provided
How do I apply?
As this grant is only available if you are eligible for a disabled facilities grant your Staying Put Officer will discuss this grant with you during their assessment of the adaptation works required to your property.
- Read more information on private sector housing regeneration policy.