The garden waste collection service operates a sticker subscription system which enables our crews to easily identify which bins are eligible for collection. You can subscribe to the garden waste collection service at any point in the calendar year via MyAccount. There is a fixed subscription cost which will cover your service until December of that year.
Please note: We do not pro-rata the cost of the service depending on the month you join. If you sign up to the garden waste collection service in October/November, your annual service will not start until January of the following year.
Your service (and sticker) will be automatically renewed every January, unless you wish to cancel it. An invoice for the following year's service will be sent in November, allowing all garden waste customers to renew and pay for their subscription by January, ready for the service to begin again.
Any brown garden waste bins not clearly displaying the sticker will not be emptied.
New customers subscribing to the garden waste collection service from October 2019 will be added to the service ready for the 2020 calendar year. This means any payment made will be considered payment for the 2020 garden waste service and your collections will not begin until the service recommences at the end of January/beginning of February 2020. Your brown garden waste bin will be delivered to your property with the 2020 calendar year's subscription sticker already affixed. You will also receive a helpful information pack to welcome you to the service.
Take a look below for the suspended garden waste collection dates for 2019/2020:
How does the service work?
Our annual garden waste service includes:
- providing a large brown wheeled bin to your property
- providing a subscription sticker for the calendar year to be affixed to your bin (as per the instructions on the reverse of the sticker)
- fortnightly collections, scheduled on the same day as either your blue-lidded recycling bin or green rubbish bin, to take place between February and November.
Please note, the service is suspended throughout December and January.
How much does the garden waste service cost?
The annual cost of the garden waste collection service is £45. This is a fixed subscription cost which will cover your service until the end of the calendar year.
From January 2020, renewals will be processed every January. Customers will be invoiced £45 in November, and must pay for the following year’s subscription by January, to receive the annual garden waste collection service.
You can sign up for the service at any time via the Aylesbury Vale MyAccount.
Your service will then be automatically renewed in the following January. Please note you will be invoiced £45 in November for the following year’s service, unless you contact us to cancel it.
- Once you are a garden waste customer, your service will automatically be renewed annually. If you wish to cancel your service please contact us.
- If you have received an invoice from us but already pay by direct debit you do not need to do anything, the invoice is for information only.
- If you pay for your garden waste service by other methods (debit or credit card) and have received an invoice, please see the instructions on the invoice on how to pay for your garden waste service.
If you are moving house, please let us know you have moved.
If you would like to know more, please contact us.
To cancel your Direct Debit payment, please contact your bank direct.
What can I put in my garden waste bin?
- grass and hedge cuttings
- garden plants and fallen fruit
- small branches and twigs (up to wrist thickness – about 10cm)
- tree and shrub prunings
- most weeds, except noxious weeds such as Japanese Knotweed, Ragwort and Giant Hogweed.
Use the wizard below to find out more items for Garden Waste.
How much garden waste will you collect?
You can order up to six garden waste bins per household (there will be a cost of £45 for each bin you request).
If you don’t think you’ll fill a bin each fortnight, consider sharing it with a neighbour. The account will have to be registered with one resident and we will only collect from that address.
How else can I dispose of my garden waste?
You can compost garden waste at home or take it to your local Household Recycling Centre.
Please don’t put garden waste in any other bin.
If we’ve missed your bin, please report it to us after 6pm and within 24 hours of your collection date. We will endeavour to return to your property and empty it in 2-3 working days.
You can check your collection day using the ‘Find my bin day’ functions on our website and apps.
Please note: The search facility displays the address of all properties within a postcode area that subscribe to the garden waste service.
Please note: Due to high demand, it may take 6-8 weeks for delivery of your new or replacement bin. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.