How does the service work?
We provide a large brown wheeled bin that we empty fortnightly between February and November. We will collect your garden waste bin on every other Monday.
If your garden waste collection falls on one of the Bank Holiday Monday's, we will collect your garden waste bin on the following Saturday. To check your collection dates, please see the Find your bin day page.
How much does the garden waste service cost?
One annual payment of £45, payable by direct debit via My Account.
You can sign up to the service via the Aylesbury Vale My Account at any time of the year. Your service will automatically continue each year unless you ask us to cancel it.
Please note: due to high demand at this time of year, it may take 6-8 weeks for delivery of your garden waste bin.
- If you are an existing garden waste customer who has signed up to Aylesbury Vale My Account you do not need to register again for your garden waste service, we have taken care of that for you.
- If you have received an invoice from us but already pay by direct debit you do not need to do anything, the invoice is for information only.
- If you pay for your garden waste service by other methods (debit or credit card) and have received an invoice, please see the instructions on the invoice on how to renew your garden waste service.
If you are moving house, please fill in the form letting us know you have moved.
If you wish to cancel your service or would like to know more, please contact us. If you need to cancel your Direct Debit payment, please contact your bank.
What can I put in my garden waste bin?
- grass and hedge cuttings
- garden plants and fallen fruit
- small branches and twigs (up to wrist thickness – about 10cm)
- tree and shrub prunings
- most weeds, except noxious weeds such as Japanese Knotweed, Ragwort and Giant Hogweed.
Use the wizard below to find out more items for Garden Waste
How much garden waste will you collect?
You can order up to six garden waste bins per household (there will be a cost of £45 for each bin you request).
If you don’t think you’ll fill a bin each fortnight, consider sharing it with a neighbour. The account will have to be registered with one resident and we will only collect from that address.
How else can I dispose of my garden waste?
You can compost garden waste at home or take it to your local Household Recycling Centre.
Please don’t put garden waste in any other bin.
If we’ve missed your bin, let us know within 24 hours of your collection date and we’ll empty it that same week.