Throughout 2019, any new or existing customer subscribing to AVDC’s garden waste collection service will pay a pro-rated amount. This is because we are aligning all customers to pay for their service by January, as of January 2020. This means you will only pay for the service from your renewal date (for existing customers) or the date you subscribe (for new customers) until December 2019.
Your service will be automatically renewed every January, unless you wish to cancel it. An invoice for the proceeding year's service will be sent in November, allowing all garden waste customers to renew and pay for their subscription by January, ready for the service to begin again.
We are making these changes as we must ensure that proper collection of payment for services received is in place, in order to keep costs down for all of our customers.
How does the service work?
Our annual garden waste collection service, includes:
- providing and delivering a large brown wheeled bin to your property
- fortnightly collections, scheduled on the same day as either your blue-lidded recycling bin or green rubbish bin, to take place between February and November.
Please note, the service is suspended throughout December and January.
How much does the garden waste service cost?
The annual cost of the garden waste collection service is £45.
This cost will be pro-rated throughout 2019 depending on your (new or existing) subscription date.
From January 2020, renewals will be processed every January. Customers will be invoiced £45 in November, and must pay for the next year’s subscription by January, to receive the annual garden waste collection service.
You can sign up for the service at any time via the Aylesbury Vale MyAccount,
Your service will then be automatically renewed in the following January. Please note you will be invoiced £45 in November for the proceeding year’s service, unless you contact us to cancel it.
- Once you are a garden waste customer, your service will automatically be renewed annually. If you wish to cancel your service please contact us
- If you have received an invoice from us but already pay by direct debit you do not need to do anything, the invoice is for information only.
- If you pay for your garden waste service by other methods (debit or credit card) and have received an invoice, please see the instructions on the invoice on how to pay for your garden waste service.
If you are moving house, please let us know you have moved.
If you would like to know more, please contact us.
To cancel your Direct Debit payment, please contact your bank direct.
What can I put in my garden waste bin?
- grass and hedge cuttings
- garden plants and fallen fruit
- small branches and twigs (up to wrist thickness – about 10cm)
- tree and shrub prunings
- most weeds, except noxious weeds such as Japanese Knotweed, Ragwort and Giant Hogweed.
Use the wizard below to find out more items for Garden Waste.
How much garden waste will you collect?
You can order up to six garden waste bins per household (there will be a cost of £45 for each bin you request).
If you don’t think you’ll fill a bin each fortnight, consider sharing it with a neighbour. The account will have to be registered with one resident and we will only collect from that address.
How else can I dispose of my garden waste?
You can compost garden waste at home or take it to your local Household Recycling Centre.
Please don’t put garden waste in any other bin.
If we’ve missed your bin, please report it to us after 6pm and within 24 hours of your collection date. We will endeavour to return to your property and empty it in 2-3 working days.
You can check your collection day using the ‘Find my bin day’ functions on our website and apps.
Please note: The search facility displays the address of all properties within a postcode area that subscribe to the garden waste service.
Please note: Due to high demand, it may take 6-8 weeks for delivery of your new or replacement bin. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.