With over a 150 year history of providing leisure for the area, Vale Park is one of the most important green spaces in Aylesbury and is being continually improved to meet the needs of a growing and changing community. This Green Flag goes a long way to 'making Aylesbury Vale the best possible place to live and work'.
The Green Flag Award® scheme recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces across the United Kingdom and around the world.
Purpose and Aims
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
The aim of the Green Flag Award is to ensure that everyone has access to a quality green space and to enable them to live more healthy lifestyles.
For more information about the scheme visit the Green Flag Award website.