- Heartlands is situated centrally at the heart of Buckingham and covers approximately 10.5 hectares, it is within five minutes walk of the town centre and bounded by the River Great Ouse. Heartlands encompasses Bridge Street, Cornwalls Meadow and Stratford Fields and forms part of the Buckingham Circular Walk. The Park has a modern open feel accommodating play facilities plus areas for informal recreation and wildlife.
- An ideal site for picnics, informal games, nature spotting and walking.
- Bridge Street and Stratford Fields play spaces offer a wide range of play experiences for children aged 2-14yrs.
- Skate Park designed for ages 8 and over.
- Explore the historical ridge and furrow (medieval ploughing system) that is still present on the parkland today.
- The River Great Ouse provides an ecological corridor with species such as otters that have now established a viable population in the town.
- Buckinghamshire’s flagship Coronation Meadow in partnership with Plant Life and the Berks, Bucks and Oxon Wildlife Trust (BBOWT)
- Edible Woodland for local residents to grow edible and useful plants in a natural and sustainable way.
- Parkrun on a Saturday morning.
- Pay and display car parking is available off of Cornwalls Meadow located a short walk from Park.
Access and inclusive play items
- The Park has relatively good connectivity throughout, the play areas are accessible and include a variety of inclusive equipment such as nest swings and a wide slide
Damage or Vandalism
- Occasionally sites may be subject to misuse or acts of vandalism, which can result in damaged play equipment, graffiti, broken glass or other such issues. In the event that you find a problem at one of our play space's please report it.
How to become involved with the Vale Countryside Volunteers - http://www.vcv.org.uk/.
Coronation Meadow - http://coronationmeadows.org.uk/
Read the 2018/19 Management Plan for more information on the park and facilities