This grant is for people in hospital awaiting discharge back to their homes and provides up to £10,000 to applicants to carry out urgent adaptations to allow access in and around a persons by providing ramps and stairlifts.
Am I eligible for this grant?
- You must be an owner occupier or a tenant in a privately rented property
- Applicants must be in receipt of a means tested benefit
- You must be in hospital at the time of referral and awaiting discharge
- Your application must be accompanied by a referral from a hospital Occupational Therapist advising of the urgent adaptations that are required to the home to enable discharge.
- The property to be adapted must normally be occupied on a permanent basis by you and your family unless the Occupational Therapist advises that it is appropriate to discharge you to another suitable property.
- Payment of the grant will be made when the works have been completed and evidence of this provided to the Council
How do I apply?
For more information about this grant please speak to your hospital Occupational Therapist or contact the Staying Put team.
Read more information on private sector housing regeneration policy.