Hotel Watch is an initiative which links local Hotels with Police and local authorities aiming to tackle Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE).
The main aims:
- Identify and minimise potential crime trends within Hotels
- Encourage information sharing
- Promote tourism within Aylesbury Vale- encouraging people to feel safe through the promotion of a safe and crime free environment for guests, visitors and staff
- Promote training and awareness in relation to exploitation and other local crime trends within the Hotel environment
- Build relationships between Hotel staff, the Police and Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety Team
Steps to take in a suspicious situation:
-Say something if you see something- always follow your gut!
-Call 101 or 999
-Your call will be treated confidentially
-You will be asked a series of questions
-Preserve evidence- don't move items from the room until the Police arrive unless they instruct you otherwise.
-Police will follow up and the impact on your hotel will be minimal
Do you work in a Hotel environment within Aylesbury Vale?
If you are a Hotel owner and would like to be part of Hotel Watch or would like any further information - please email the Community Safety Team