Who receives the council tax you pay?
The figures in the chart above represent the weekly charge for an average band D property in Aylesbury Vale for 2020/21.
Your council tax is split between 4 different authorities:
The money that Buckinghamshire Council receives goes towards services including:
- Cleaning services, e.g. refuse and recycling collections, street cleaning, removing abandoned cars, graffiti and litter
- Environmental services, e.g. food safety, air quality and noise pollution control
- Licensing services, e.g. alcohol, food and entertainment premises, taxis and street traders
- Planning and building control services
- leisure facilities and sports and art services, e.g. parks and open spaces
- Electoral services, e.g. voter registration
- Children's & Adults Social Care
- Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire Authority spending
- Police and Crime Commissioner for the Thames Valley spending
Town and parish councils also receive a proportion of the council tax you pay, depending on which services they provide.