How is my council tax spent?

graph to show how council tax is divided among local authorities based on an average band D property: Buckinghamshire Council will receive £27.35, The Police & Crime Commissioner will receive £4.16, Bucks & MK Fire Authority receive £1.27, Buckinghamshire Council Adult Social Care receive £2.37 and Parish Precepts receive £1.21.

Who receives the council tax you pay?

The figures in the chart above represent the weekly charge for an average band D property in Aylesbury Vale for 2020/21.

Your council tax is split between 4 different authorities:

The money that Buckinghamshire Council receives goes towards services including:

  • Cleaning services, e.g. refuse and recycling collections, street cleaning, removing abandoned cars, graffiti and litter
  • Environmental services, e.g. food safety, air quality and noise pollution control
  • Licensing services, e.g. alcohol, food and entertainment premises, taxis and street traders
  • Planning and building control services
  • leisure facilities and sports and art services, e.g. parks and open spaces
  • Electoral services, e.g. voter registration
  • Children's & Adults Social Care
  • Libraries

More information

Town and parish councils also receive a proportion of the council tax you pay, depending on which services they provide.