The figures in the chart above represent the weekly charge for an average band D property in Aylesbury Vale
Your council tax is split between 4 different authorities:
The money that AVDC receives goes towards services including:
- cleaning services, eg refuse and recycling collections, street cleaning, removing abandoned cars, graffiti and litter
- environmental services, eg food safety, air quality and noise pollution control
- licensing services, eg alcohol, food and entertainment premises, taxis and street traders
- planning and building control services
- leisure facilities and sports and art services, eg parks and open spaces
- electoral services, eg voter registration
Town and parish councils also receive a proportion of the council tax you pay, depending on which services they provide.
See how much each town and parish council received in 2016-2017.
Buckinghamshire County Council spending
Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Fire Authority spending
Police and Crime Commissioner for the Thames Valley spending