Anyone interested can inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating to them. The period of inspection is usually between June and July but will depend up on the actual audit date.
Local government electors and their representatives also have:
- The opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts on a specified date at the council offices.
- The right to attend before the auditor and make objections to the accounts or any items in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the council.
The current council auditor is Mr Andrew Brittain, of Ernst and Young LLP.
- Advert - Audit of Accounts - 2018-19.pdf (PDF, 72.32 KB)
- Audit of Accounts Inspection Period 2017-2018.pdf (PDF, 72.5 KB)
- Advert - Audit of Accounts - 2016-17.pdf (PDF, 36.54 KB)
- Advert Audit of Accounts 2016.pdf (PDF, 36.41 KB)
- Advert Audit of Accounts 2015 (PDF, 33.84 KB)
- Advert (2nd) Audit of Accounts 2014 (PDF, 33.68 KB)
- Advert audit of Accounts 2012 (PDF, 37.69 KB)
- Advert audit of Accounts 2011 (PDF, 13.38 KB)