This year, Buckinghamshire Council is proud to be taking part in the Great British Spring Clean, the country’s biggest mass-action environmental campaign. The aim of the campaign is to inspire people to work in partnership with community organisations, businesses and councils to collect and safely dispose of litter from Britain’s streets, parks and beaches.
Buckinghamshire Council already has an operational resource that works across the Vale to tackle litter, and now we are calling for your help! Come and join forces with us and Keep Britain Tidy as we stand up to litter, and stop it from damaging our environment and ruining our beautiful Aylesbury Vale.
The Great British Spring Clean encourages local residents to organise a community litter picking event. In our bid to support the campaign and any local litter picking events, Buckinghamshire Council will organise for all litter that is collected to be removed from a central location. We're also providing a supply of bags to support events, which can be collected from the reception at Buckinghamshire Council’s Gateway Office.
Last year we supported 25 volunteer groups, community groups and parishes in their litter picks and this year we’re looking to beat that number. We’re calling upon all Aylesbury Vale parishes, community groups, organisations and volunteers to get involved with this fantastic campaign and help us keep the Vale clean and green.
So, how do I get involved?
First things first…
- If you wish to get involved, please go to the Keep Britain Tidy website to find out more information and register your litter pick. (This will enable them to keep track of all the good work going on across the country!)
- There is also a Risk Assessment provided which should be used to consider any potential risks involved with the event.
- Download the comprehensive guide to organising a community event.
- Once you have registered, please let us know all about your event by filling in this online form.
- Be sure to visit Buckinghamshire Council’s Gateway Office to collect a supply of bags for your litter picking event.
- Take to the streets, parks, outside spaces of Aylesbury Vale and be a #LitterHero
- Remember to share your photographs and stories of your event with us. Tag us in your social media posts @BucksCouncil and use the hashtags #GBSpringClean and #LoveYourVale. Alternatively you can email Streetscene with your photos.
Together we can make a difference and clean up the environment on our doorstep.
Please take a moment to read our Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries please contact Streetscene where an officer will be able to help you. For any events being organised in Aylesbury’s town centre you can contact Aylesbury Town Council who are also supporting the Keep Britain Tidy campaign.
Please note: If when carrying out your litter pick you come across any incidents of fly tipping please can we ask that you leave the waste in situ and report to Streetscene. This will allow us to investigate and arrange for the appropriate organisation to remove the waste.
Please also note that permission must be obtained from all those photographed before posting images online and, if sending by email, please provide confirmation that permission has been obtained. Those under 16 will need the permission of their parent or carer. Images emailed to us may be used for promotional purposes.