Licences for riding establishments

If you keep horses either for riding or for hire, including giving lessons, you will need a riding establishment licence.

Vets, police forces and zoos do not need a riding establishment licence.

How do I apply?

Download the application form or apply online.

Apply online to change a riding establishment licence.

A riding establishment licence costs £275 plus £15 per horse or pony.

The licence is valid for 12 months.

Applications are only granted subject to a satisfactory inspection of the premises and a vet report confirming the premises are suitable.

Read the conditions for a riding establishment licence

For more information please complete our online contact form.

Rate this page: