- A large open space that forms part of the Riverside Walk a great place for walking, picnics and informal games.
- One of 3 ‘Play on Birds’ Play spaces located along the Riverside Walk designed for ages 2-14, incorporating natural features including a fantastic hand carved art installation which tells the story of the native reed warbler and cuckoo.
- Two free to use tarmac surfaced multi-use games areas.
- Teenage play/fitness items and sheltered seating.
- Full size synthetic sports pitch available for hire, suitable for football including 5-a-side and hockey.
- 3 adult grass football pitches and changing facilities available for hire.
- Just across the road is the Quarrendon & Meadowcroft Community Centre which is available for hire.
- Good car parking facilities are available off of Meadowcroft Road adjacent to the Synthetic Sports Pitch and across the road at the community centres.
Access and inclusive play items
- Good access off of Meadowcroft and Jackson Road with hard surfaced paths linking all facilities.
- Dish roundabout.
- Ball Courts.
Damage or Vandalism
Occasionally sites may be subject to misuse or acts of vandalism, which can result in damaged play equipment, graffiti, broken glass or other such issues. In the event that you find a problem at one of our play space’s please report it.
Football Pitch Hire
To hire a football pitch please contact our contractors, John O’Connor Grounds Maintenance Ltd via their website http://unibase.johnoconner.co.uk/spb/Sites.aspx?C=5 or Telephone (Freephone) 0800 389 3395 or email email@example.com
For more information about the joint Horticultural and Street Cleansing contract please visit