Locality - Essential Neighbourhood Planning Resources
Neighbourhood Planning Road Map Guide
Neighbourhood Plan Guidance Note Post Vale of Aylesbury Plan (March 2014)
Neighbourhood Planning Consultation Toolkit
What planning document is right for your community December 2012
Neighbourhood Development Plan Guidance December 2012
Neighbourhood Planning Sustainability Appraisal August 2011
Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations April 2012
Neighbourhood Plan Guidance on Affordable Housing
Neighbourhood Plans 10 Golden Points
Neighbourhood Plan Funding
This commenced at the start of April 2016 and offers all groups demonstrating a need for grant support eligibility to apply for up to £9,000. For more information on the neighbourhood planning grant please click here.
Technical Suuport Grants
Have been made available by DCLG for some groups facing more complex issues and will be eligible to apply for a further £6,000 in grant and specific packages of direct support where needed. For more information on technical support grants please click here.
What happens after the 2015-2018 Grant funding cycle?
The Government has recently announced that further funding will be made available for neighbourhood planning for the period of 2018-2022 for more information please click here. More information regarding the delivery of this funding will be made available in due course.
Neighbourhood planning support & useful information
There are a number of organisations which have been developed to support communities in undertaking neighbourhood planning these include:
• Locality - www.locality.org.uk
• The Royal Town Planning Institute/Planning Aid England – www.rtpi.org.uk/planningaid
• Community Impact Bucks - www.communityimpactbucks.org.uk/pages/neighbourhood-planning.html
• Community Development Foundation - www.cdf.org.uk
• Rural Services Network have put together a selection of key datasets from the Census 2011 and ASHE that may provide useful facts and figures in producing Neighbourhood Plans.These datasets can be found at - www.rsnonline.org.uk/observatory/neighbourhood-planning
Fact packs are available for every area which has indicated it wishes to consider developing a neighbourhood plan.
We have also produced a district wide fact pack which provides an overview of Aylesbury Vale.
For information on funding and advice visit our neighbourhood planning page.