- Locality - Essential Neighbourhood Planning Resources
- Neighbourhood Planning Road Map Guide
- Neighbourhood Plan Guidance Note Post Vale of Aylesbury Plan (March 2014)
- Neighbourhood Planning Consultation Toolkit
- What planning document is right for your community December 2012
- Neighbourhood Development Plan Guidance December 2012
- Neighbourhood Planning Sustainability Appraisal August 2011
- Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations April 2012
- Neighbourhood Plan Guidance on Affordable Housing
- Neighbourhood Plans 10 Golden Points
- Sustainable Development-A guide book to Low Carbon Neighbourhood Planning
- Writing Planning Policies - A toolkit for Neighbourhood planners
- Guidance to service users and examiners
- PPG updating a neighbourhood plan
Neighbourhood Plan Funding
Additional Grant Funding
Groups meeting the eligibility criteria are able to apply for additional grant of up to £8,000 (in addition to the basic grant). Eligibility for Additional Grant Funding
Are you at least one of the following;
- Allocating sites for housing
- Including site-specific design codes in your plan
- A designated business neighbourhood plan
- A cluster of three or more parishes writing a single plan
- A Neighbourhood Area with a population of over 25,000
If the answer is yes to any of the above, you can apply for an additional £8,000 grant. You are still able to apply for technical support (provided that you meet the technical support eligibility criteria) along with grant funding. More information is available from Neighbourhood Planning website.
If you're facing complex issues such as allocating sites for development, you can apply for Technical Support where a specialist advisor will support you with specific issues or assessments. Technical support is awarded as a technical work package, not a financial grant. You do not need to use grant funding to purchase technical support, you can apply for both grant funding, and technical support in the same application. More information is available from Neighbourhood Planning website.
Funding Application Support
We strongly encourage those who wish to apply for neighbourhood planning funding to read the Neighbourhood Planning Grant & Technical Support Guidance Notes prepared by Locality, available from Neighbourhood Planning website.
- The Royal Town Planning Institute/Planning Aid England
- Community Impact Bucks
- Community Development Foundation
- Datasets from Rural Services Network
The Forum for Neighbourhood Planning has a wealth of information and resources including; latest news; case studies; resources; and links to 'made' plans.
- Neighbourhood Plan Project Management Toolkit
- Fact packs are available for every area which has indicated it wishes to consider developing a neighbourhood plan.
- We have also produced a district wide fact pack which provides an overview of Aylesbury Vale.
For information on funding and advice visit our neighbourhood planning page.