Housing benefit overpayment
• Check your housing benefit award.
• If you have an ongoing claim, this will be deducted from your award and therefore you rent will have a shortfall.
• This could result in rent arrears if your housing benefit is paid directly to your landlord.
• Payment plans can be negotiated if you are no longer claiming housing benefit.
Tax credits overpayment
• It is important to tell HMRC about any change in your circumstances to avoid an overpayment.
• Repayment plans can be made.
• Overpayments may be deducted from an ongoing claim.
• Check on HMRC
Department of Work and Pensions
• Tell the benefit office about any change in your circumstances.
• Answer any letters about your overpayment promptly.
• Your benefit could be suspended or stopped.
• Negotiate a repayment plan.
• More information