From 1 May 2016 Aylesbury Vale District Council will be enforcing its ‘No Purchase Order, No Payment’ policy. Suppliers have previously been notified of this policy and our officers are aware of the policy.
Failure to include a valid PO number on an invoice will result in the authority not being able to process the invoice.
Any invoice received by the authority without a valid purchase order number will be returned unpaid.
At the moment our preferred method for receiving invoices is in pdf format by email.
Please email your invoices (and credit notes, if appropriate) to email@example.com
From April 2016 this address is included on our purchase orders.
Please do not also send duplicate paper copies as this will delay payment.
If you are not able to submit invoices or credit notes by email please sent by post to:
Payments, Aylesbury Vale District Council, 2nd floor, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF. This address is included on our purchase orders.
Please do not send paper invoices if you have already submitted invoices by email.
The purchase order (PO) number
The PO number is used to match your invoice with the PO; any invoice received which does not quote a PO number will be returned. Invoices which do not match the PO, or the confirmation on the order, have to go through additional approval steps which delay the payment.
Where there is a match and the delivery of the goods/services has been confirmed the invoice is automatically paid to terms. In accordance with the Prompt Payment Code AVDC’s standard payment terms are 30 days from receipt of a valid invoice.
How to help us pay your invoice on time
- Submit original VAT invoices, at the correct VAT rate (unless you are not registered for VAT).
- Ensure quantity and pricing are consistent with the purchase order.
- Ensure descriptions of goods/services match the purchase order.
- Include the address to which goods were dispatched or services provided.
- Retain proof of goods/service delivery in case of query.
- Keep us advised of any changes to your details eg address changes, bank account changes etc. (see below)
Include the following on your invoices and credit notes:
- the AVDC PO number
- Aylesbury Vale District Council as the addressee
- your unique invoice number
- your VAT number
- the net, VAT rate, VAT amount and gross amount, and
- the tax point (date invoice raised).
To avoid delays in payment
- Do not accept a request to provide goods/services without a valid AVDC purchase order.
- Do not send an invoice without a valid AVDC PO number on it.
- Do not accumulate invoices – send them as soon as possible after dispatch of goods or provision of services.
- Do not accumulate charges – do not include amounts from more than one PO on one invoice.
- Do not use prices, quantities or descriptions that differ from those on the PO.
- Do not submit invoices which in total are in excess of the PO value without this being agreed with the officer ordering the goods/services in advance.
We aim to pay all valid invoices within 30 days of receipt. Remittance advices will be sent by email to the address we have for you on our finance system.
Should you have a query in relation to a payment you have received please contact AVDC Payments.
Phone: 01296 585658
Change in details
If you change business address, email, phone number or bank etc please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We may need to validate any changes before actioning.