Planning Performance Agreements (PPA) can help your development project run smoothly and give a timely, clear structure that ensures transparency.
What is a PPA?
PPA’s help deliver high quality sustainable developments that is based on a clear vision and development objective, PPA’s have several benefits including;
- Better overall management of pre application advice and post application stages.
- Identification of key issues at an early stage.
- More realistic and predictable timetables.
- Greater accountability and transparency.
- Improved partnership working.
- Dedicated time to your project to an agreed level.
When is a PPA appropriate?
Applications for which PPAs would be recommended generally fall within the major category including;
- Schemes above 10 residential units or above 10,000 sq m of commercial development
- A large scale renewable energy operation;
- Individual developments and development programmes of major strategic importance to the area