Our legal obligations
We are required by law to regulate certain types of industry and business activities to try to reduce pollution and minimise environment impacts.
This means that some businesses must obtain a permit.
Applying for a permit
Download an application form from the bottom of the page and return it with the appropriate fee or payment can be made by a debit or credit card by phoning our customer services team on 01296 585605.
The permit application process includes a public consultation.
See our guidance notes on how to apply for a permit. Fees apply.
Environmental Permitting Regulations Public Register
We are required to maintain a public register containing information on the businesses we approve Part B (air pollution) and Part A2 (other environmental impacts) permits for.
We currently permit a number of Part B processes but no Part A2 processes.
Register of A2 and Part B Authorised Processes
For more information please complete our online contact form.
- Part A2 Permit Application Form (PDF, 104.16 KB)
- Part B Permit Application Form (PDF, 96.1 KB)
- Application for Car Respraying (PDF, 90.35 KB)
- Application for a permit for a dry cleaners (PDF, 85.88 KB)
- Application Form for a Service Station (PDF, 91.93 KB)
- Application for a permit for a small waste oil burner (PDF, 84.52 KB)
- Application Form for a Service Station (PDF, 76.66 KB)
- Part B Variation to Permit (PDF, 125.03 KB)
- Part B Surrender of Permit (PDF, 89.96 KB)