Our legal obligations
We are required by law to regulate certain types of industry and business activities to try to reduce pollution and minimise environment impacts.
This means that some businesses must obtain a permit.
Applying for a permit
More information on the types of businesses which require a permit and what is expected of a business which holds a permit can be found within the Process Guidance Notes and General Guidance Manual published by DEFRA.
The permit application process includes a public consultation.
See our guidance notes on how to apply for a permit. Fees apply.
Environmental Permitting Regulations Public Register
We are required to maintain a public register containing information on the businesses we approve Part B (air pollution) and Part A2 (other environmental impacts) permits for.
We currently permit a number of Part B processes but no Part A2 processes.
Register of A2 and Part B Authorised Processes
For more information please complete our online contact form.
- Aylesbury Vale Crematorium Emissions Monitoring Report 2019 (PDF, 2.72 MB)
- LAPPC and LA IPPC fees and charges 01 April 2020 (PDF, 230.49 KB)
- Part A2 Permit Application Form (PDF, 104.16 KB)
- Part B Permit Application Form (PDF, 96.1 KB)
- Application for Car Respraying (PDF, 90.35 KB)
- Application for a permit for a dry cleaners (PDF, 85.88 KB)
- Application Form for a Service Station (PDF, 91.93 KB)
- Application for a permit for a small waste oil burner (PDF, 84.52 KB)
- Application Form for a Service Station (PDF, 76.66 KB)
- Part B Variation to Permit (PDF, 125.03 KB)
- Part B Surrender of Permit (PDF, 89.96 KB)