Buckinghamshire Council is the controller for the personal information we use about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services.
The law requires us to provide you with a Privacy Notice which gives you details about how we use and protect your personal information.
Contact detailsThe Gateway
Telephone: 01296 585858
This section of the privacy notice relates to any of the applications you wish to complete concerning the:
- WhizzFizzFest Parade Entry
- Staff Training
- Artist in Residence and
- Artwork competition
We will collect the following information about you:
- School/Organisation name and year groups involved
- Email address
- Phone number
- Teacher/staff responsible.
- Financial details
- Number of adults and children involved in an artist tutorial
Note: Artworks will be displayed in town centre shop windows in the run up and on the day of the festival Saturday 26 June along with the school name and year group.
We will use your information to:
- Efficiently organise the project from arranging artist tutorials, teacher training workshops, collecting finished artworks, display and acknowledge the class involved in the design and take payments for services.
- Notify organisations of any changes to relevant information, including guidelines relating to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- To submit artworks to the judging panel to select a winner, for publicity and promotion of the competition and promotion of other WhizzFizz events, which will be used on our website, social media and in the media and to contact the winning entry class teacher.
Why we need your information
We are using your information because we need it to:
- Coordinate any artist visits or online tutorials
- Hold information on your school, book or theme your artwork will be based on and whether you will be having an artist tutorial, attending a training tutorial or going it alone
- Invoice for artist tutorials and training tutorial
- Addresses to collect finished artworks and return following the event if you wish
- Share with the judging panel
- Contact the winning teacher
We may also use personal information where this is necessary to comply with our statutory obligations or other legal requirements.
General information about the School may be used in promoting the event and/or to generate interest and community satisfaction.
We may share your information with:
- Where applicable, the artist in residence, workshop trainer and the Buckinghamshire Council’s Communities Team.
- For the competition: via social media to promote the competition and announce winners and with a judging panel made up of Aylesbury town centre business owners, Buckinghamshire Council representatives and artists involved in the event.
- We may also share your information with:
- Other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, and in relation to safeguarding purposes or in connection with the prevention of crime, criminal or legal investigations or proceedings including fraud (and the National Fraud Initiative) or regulatory functions.
- We will only use the information we hold about you for the reasons above but if we need to use it for any other reason we will normally tell you.
The year group age and school of the winning entry will be retained for one year from the date of judging on 26 June 2021. All details of non-winning entries will be destroyed within one month of the judging date.
You have legal rights over your information. For details of those rights and how we keep it safe, see our main Privacy Notice Page.