This grant is only available to applicants who are eligible for a disabled facilities grant. The grant provides financial assistance of up to £20,000 to applicants who would otherwise be eligible for a disabled facilities grant to relocate to a more suitable home. It can be used to assist with the costs involved in moving house such as for legal fees, stamp duty, estate agent fees, survey fees and removal costs.
Am I eligible for this grant?
- You must be a disabled person who would be eligible for a disabled facilities grant
- You must obtain an Occupational Therapists report for the Council that advises that your new home is suitable to fully meet (or have the potential to meet) your needs
- Rehousing must be deemed to be the most suitable and cost effective option by the Council.
- In some cases valuations of the new home and the old home may be required.
- A local land charge will be placed on the property equivalent to the assistance level provided. This must be repaid in full if the property is sold within 10 years of the Grant being provided.
- Payment of the grant will be made on completion following the submission of appropriate evidence to the Council e.g. invoices, estimates.
How do I apply?
For more information about this grant please contact the Staying Put team.
Read more information on private sector housing regeneration policy.