What is the safe places scheme?
It provides safe havens, such as shops and restaurants, for vulnerable people if they need help when out and about. They’ll be looked after and a telephone call made to someone they trust.
Who has signed up to the scheme?
- Your Café in the Park, London Road.
- Aston Clinton Stores and Post Office, 90 London Road.
- Shell Aston Clinton, 62-64 Aylesbury Road.
- Clintons, Unit 2-3 Friars Square.
- Superdrug, Unit 12-15 Friars Square.
- New Look, Unit 16-17 Friars Square.
- Waterstones, Unit 31-32 Friars Square.
- Vision Express, Friars Square.
- Friars Square Shopping Centre
- Noodle Nation, 1-3 Bourbon St.
- Halifax, 28-30 Market Square.
- La Salute Restaurant, 3 Kingsbury.
- Boots, 4 Hale Leys.
- Accessorise, 16 Hale Leys
- Clarks, 22-23 Hale Leys.
- The Body Shop, 8 High Street.
- Specsavers, 13-15 High Street.
- The British Legion, 19-21 High Street.
- Scope, 38 High Street.
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity Shop, 63 High Street.
- Aylesbury Town Council, 5 Church Street.
- Aylesbury Library, Walton Street.
- Aylesbury Homeless Action Group, 2 Rickfords Hill.
- Aylesbury Fire Station, Stocklake.
- Co-op Aylesbury, Orwell Drive.
- Co-op Fairford Leys, 48 Wedgewood Street.
- Co-op Mandeville, 79 Mandeville Road.
- Mcgrumpy and Snuffles, Unit 8, Duck Frm Court
- Buckingham Tea Room, Lower Shop, Market Hill.
- Boots the Chemist, 11 Market Hill.
- British Heart Foundation, 17 Market Hill.
- Scope, 18 Market Hill.
- The Cutting Room, 22 Market Hill.
- Buckingham Library, Verney Close.
- Harrisons Jewellers, 1 High Street.
- Gyre and Gimble Coffee Shop, 2 High Street.
- Gilroy Steel Solicitors, 3 High Street.
- Prego Wine Bar, 4 High Street.
- Sabits Off License, 6 High Street.
- Waitrose, Meadow Walk.
- Willen Hospice, 2-3 Meadow Walk.
- Blackhams China Tea Rooms, 5 Meadow Walk.
- Charles Clinkard Shoes, 6 Meadow Walk.
- Home Flare Gift Shop, 8 Meadow Row.
- The Fireside Brasserie, 3 Cromwall Place.
- Curious Minds Vintage, 8 Cromwell Place.
- White Hart, 1-2 Market Square.
- Oxfam, 6-7 Market Square.
- RSPCA, 9 Market Square.
- Quality Dry Cleaners, 10 Market Square.
- Harpenden Building Society, 23 Market Hill.
- Seahawk Trophies, Market Hill.
- West Street Local, 28 West Street.
- Esquires Coffee House, 30 West Street.
- Buckingham Fire Station, Bourton Road.
- Brill Fire Station, 17 Temple Street.
- Haddenham Fire Station, Stanbridge Road.
- Little Italy Café, 7A Fort End.
- Haddenham Community Library, Banks Road.
- Salon Seven Hairdressers, 7 Banks Parade.
- Tickety Boo Café, 4 Banks Parade.
- Beacons Village Community Library, Old Town Hall, High Street.
- Long Crendon Library, 20 High Street.
- Co-op Stone, 14 Oxford Road.
- Waddesdon Fire Station, 65 High Street.
- W.Humphries Estate Agents, 74 High Street.
- Country Seats UK, 102 High Street.
- Crumbs Coffee, 3 High Street.
- Ian Rennie Hospice at Home, 5 High Street.
- Agora, 12 High Street.
- Wendover Library, High Street.
- The Flower Gallery, 15 High Street.
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 28 High Street.
- Budgens, 28C High Street.
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Shop, 4-5 Kings Head Parade, High Street.
- Whitewaters Café & Deli, 5/6 Chiltern Court, Back Street.
- Jardines Chemist, 18 High Street.
- Hartwell Partnership Estate Agents, 4 Aylesbury Road.
- Wing Community Library, Leighton Road.
- The Farm Deli, 14 High Street.
- Co-op Winslow, 60 High Street.
- Winslow Fire Station, 51 High Street.
- Winslow Self Service, top of High Street.
- The Winslow Centre, Park Road.
- Winslow Library, Park Road.
How can I get involved?
If you know of a business that would be interested in becoming a safe place in Aylesbury Vale please contact the AVDC Community Safety team via email the Coumminty Safety Team
Safe Place Schemes information videos