What is the safe places scheme?
It provides safe havens, such as shops and restaurants, for vulnerable people if they need help when out and about. They’ll be looked after and a telephone call made to someone they trust.
Who has signed up to the scheme?
- Your Café in the Park, London Road.
- Aston Clinton Stores and Post Office, 90 London Road.
- Shell Aston Clinton, 62-64 Aylesbury Road.
- Clintons, Unit 2-3 Friars Square.
- Waterstones, Unit 31-32 Friars Square.
- Friars Square Shopping Centre
- La Salute Restaurant, 3 Kingsbury.
- The British Legion, 19-21 High Street.
- Scope, 38 High Street.
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity Shop, 63 High Street.
- Aylesbury Town Council, 5 Church Street.
- Aylesbury Library, Walton Street.
- Aylesbury Homeless Action Group, 2 Rickfords Hill.
- Co-op Walton Court, Hannon Road.
- Co-op Fairford Leys, 48 Wedgewood Street.
- Co-op Mandeville, 79 Mandeville Road.
- Mcgrumpy and Snuffles, Unit 8, Duck Frm Court.
- The Gateway, Gatehouse Road.
- Aylesbury Multicultural Community Centre, Friarscroft Way.
- The Vineyard Centre, Gatehouse Close.
- M&S Foodhall, Broadfields.
- Meadowcroft Surgery, Jackson Road.
- Healthy Living Centre, Hannon Road.
- Oakfield & Bedgrove Children's Centre, Narbeth Drive.
- Southcourt Children's Centre, Oxford Road.
- Aylesbury Police Station, Wendover Road.
- Southcourt Baptist Church, Penn Road (9am-4pm).
- Green Ridge Primary Academy, President Road.
- Eurochange, Market Square.
- Natwest, 22 Market Square.
- Buckingham Tea Room, Lower Shop, Market Hill.
- Boots the Chemist, 11 Market Hill.
- British Heart Foundation, 17 Market Hill.
- Scope, 18 Market Hill.
- The Cutting Room, 22 Market Hill.
- Buckingham Library, Verney Close.
- Harrisons Jewellers, 1 High Street.
- Gyre and Gimble Coffee Shop, 2 High Street.
- Gilroy Steel Solicitors, 3 High Street.
- Prego Wine Bar, 4 High Street.
- Sabits Off License, 6 High Street.
- Waitrose, Meadow Walk.
- Willen Hospice, 2-3 Meadow Walk.
- Blackhams China Tea Rooms, 5 Meadow Walk.
- Charles Clinkard Shoes, 6 Meadow Walk.
- Home Flare Gift Shop, 8 Meadow Row.
- The Fireside Brasserie, 3 Cromwall Place.
- Curious Minds Vintage, 8 Cromwell Place.
- White Hart, 1-2 Market Square.
- Oxfam, 6-7 Market Square.
- RSPCA, 9 Market Square.
- Quality Dry Cleaners, 10 Market Square.
- Seahawk Trophies, Market Hill.
- West Street Local, 28 West Street.
- Esquires Coffee House, 30 West Street.
- The Woolpack, Well Street. (Late opening hours).
- The Kings Head Coffee and Gin Bar, 7 Market Hill. (Late opening hours).
- The Garage, 3 Well Street. (Late opening hours).
- Buckingham Wills & Probate, Castle Street.
- Buckingham Opportunities Centre, Well Street.
- Buckingham Police Station, 12 Swan Business Centre.
- Little Italy Café, 7A Fort End.
- Haddenham Community Library, Banks Road.
- Salon Seven Hairdressers, 7 Banks Parade.
- Tickety Boo Café, 4 Banks Parade.
- Beacons Village Community Library, Old Town Hall, High Street.
- Long Crendon Library, 20 High Street.
- Co-op Stone, 14 Oxford Road.
- W.Humphries Estate Agents, 74 High Street.
- Country Seats UK, 102 High Street.
- Waddesdon Police Station, High Street.
- Crumbs Coffee, 3 High Street.
- Ian Rennie Hospice at Home, 5 High Street.
- Agora, 12 High Street.
- Wendover Library, High Street.
- The Flower Gallery, 15 High Street.
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 28 High Street.
- Budgens, 28C High Street.
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Shop, 4-5 Kings Head Parade, High Street.
- Whitewaters Café & Deli, 5/6 Chiltern Court, Back Street.
- Jardines Chemist, 18 High Street.
- Hartwell Partnership Estate Agents, 4 Aylesbury Road.
- Wing Community Library, Leighton Road.
- The Farm Deli, 14 High Street.
- Co-op Winslow, 60 High Street.
- Winslow Self Service, top of High Street.
- The Winslow Centre, Park Road.
- Winslow Library, Park Road.
- The Bell Hotel, Market Square.
How can I get involved?
If you know of a business that would be interested in becoming a safe place in Aylesbury Vale please contact the AVDC Community Safety team via email the Coumminty Safety Team
Safe Place Schemes information videos
Thank you to students and lecturers at Buckinghamshire New University for applying their creative and technical expertise to develop the Safe Places scheme by designing and constructing a website for use by participating businesses and venues.