- AVDC has a child protection policy
- all coaches and leaders have up to date qualifications
- all staff and volunteers have attended recognised training courses in child protection and health and safety
- all staff and volunteers undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check, reference check and interview
Types of abuse
- physical – being hit or injured on purpose
- financial – theft or misuse of money, property or possessions
- sexual – involvement in a sexual activity which is unwanted or not understood
- neglect – not providing food, clothing, attention or care
- emotional – the use of threats, fear or bribes which cause distress
People most at risk
- people who are dependent on others
- people with mental health problems
- people with learning, sensory or physical disabilities
- people who are socially isolated
- people with dementia
Concerned about a child?
If you think a child or young person under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected, please call Bucks County Council’s First Response Team (0845 460 0001 Mon-Fri, 0800 999 7677 out of hours) or the police.
If you’re a child who is being abused or neglected, or you think another child is, please contact Bucks County Council’s First Response Team (0845 460 0001 Mon-Fri, 0800 999 7677 out of hours) or the police.
Concerned about an adult?
Call Careline (operated by Bucks County Council) on 0800 137 915 (Mon-Thu 9am to 5.30pm, Fri 9am to 5pm).
Outside these hours, you can:
- call our Emergency Duty Team on 0800 999 7677
- or leave a message on the Careline answerphone
- or call the police on 999
The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) can help if anything concerning has happened while you, your child, or any young people you know where surfing online.