Safeguarding children and young people is extremely important; at Buckinghamshire Council, we take steps to ensure their safety
- Buckinghamshire Council has a child protection policy
- all coaches and leaders have up to date qualifications
- all staff and volunteers have attended recognised training courses in child protection and health and safety
- all staff and volunteers undergo a Criminal Records Bureau check, reference check and interview
Types of abuse
- physical – being hit or injured on purpose
- financial – theft or misuse of money, property or possessions
- sexual – involvement in a sexual activity which is unwanted or not understood
- neglect – not providing food, clothing, attention or care
- emotional – the use of threats, fear or bribes which cause distress
People most at risk
- people who are dependent on others
- people with mental health problems
- people with learning, sensory or physical disabilities
- people who are socially isolated
- people with dementia
Concerned about a child?
If you think a child or young person under the age of 18 is being abused or neglected, please call Buckinghamshire Council’s First Response Team on 01296 383962 Mon-Fri, 0800 999 7677 out of hours) or the police.
If you’re a child who is being abused or neglected, or you think another child is, please contact Buckinghamshire Council’s First Response Team (01296 383962 Mon-Fri, 0800 999 7677 out of hours) or the police.
If you have any safeguarding concerns about children and young people, please contact us.
Concerned about an adult?
Our contact number for raising concerns about an adult or to report abuse is currently unavailable. Instead, you can call us on 01296 387021 to speak to the adult social care team.
Outside these hours, you can:
- call our Emergency Duty Team on 0800 999 7677
- or leave a message on the First Response answerphone
- or call the police on 999
The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) can help if anything concerning has happened while you, your child, or any young people you know where surfing online.