The Safety Advisory Group brings together all the agencies that have an interest in the safety and environmental impact of public events, including:
- Bucks Fire and Rescue Service,
- Thames Valley Police,
- South Central Ambulance Trust
- Bucks County Council’s Highway Department
It allows public event organisers to obtain advice on their proposals from multiple agencies though a single channel.
The group doesn’t ‘sign off’ event proposals, nor does it accept any liability for issues arising from an event.
How do I consult the Safety Advisory Group?
- a site plan, showing how the site will be laid out
- an event management plan
- an event safety plan
- a general safety risk assessment and fire safety risk assessment
- evidence of public liability insurance for the event
Do I have to consult the Safety Advisory Group?
You don’t have to consult the group, but we recommend you do so.